Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Get to Know…Mrs. Sabotta!



Get to Know…Mrs. Sabotta!
We’re pleased to welcome Mrs. Laura Sabotta as a new member of the Gladbrook-Reinbeck teaching staff. She is our band director for grades 5-12, and she is also teaching music to students in grades 4 & 6 at the elementary school. She holds a Bachelor of Music degree and a Master of Music Degree from the University of Northern Iowa in Music Education, as well as an Artist Diploma in Bassoon Performance. Here are a few fun facts about Mrs. Sabotta:
Hometown:  Minneapolis, Minnesota
High School:  Cedar Rapids - Kennedy
Hobbies:  Reading comic books, playing puzzle & strategy games with friends.
Favorite subjects when you were a student:  Math and music
Why did you become a teacher?  I enjoy problem-solving, being creative, and helping others - becoming an educator fits all three of those interests!
Prior Teaching Experience:  I taught lessons as a music graduate assistant for the past two years while completing my Master's degree at UNI. I also substitute taught at Wapsie Valley CSD when my college classes were not in session.
Initial impressions of G-R:   I'm excited to be at G-R because the staff and students are kind and easy to work with. I feel appreciated and supported in what I do.

All of us in the #RebelNation are pleased to welcome Mrs. Sabotta to Gladbrook-Reinbeck Community Schools! 

No comments:

Post a Comment