Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Get to Know…Mrs. Kauten!



Get to Know…Mrs. Kauten!
This is the second in a series of blog posts introducing students, staff, parents, and district patrons to the new teachers at Gladbrook-Reinbeck. Each of the new teachers has answered a few questions to help us get to know them better - watch for a new blog post each weekday until all six of the new teachers have been introduced.  Up next is the new 5th Grade Teacher at Gladbrook-Reinbeck Elementary School, Mrs. Sydney Kauten. Please join me in welcoming her to the G-R Rebel Family!
A native of Iowa City, Mrs. Kauten graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with degrees in Early Childhood and Elementary Education with minors in Mathematics and Literacy. Prior to teaching at G-R, she taught for six years in the Waterloo Community School District. Here are a few interesting facts about Mrs. Kauten:
Last book you read: Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
Favorite subject when you were a student: Science
Favorite sport or activity: Baseball
Prior Teaching Experience:  I taught for six years in the Waterloo Community School District.
Why did you become a teacher?  I became a teacher because I love working with kids and feel that making learning fun is vital to developing lifelong learners.
Initial impressions of G-R: My first few days at Gladbrook-Reinbeck Elementary have been phenomenal.  The students are respectful and come to school excited to learn.  The staff has been extremely welcoming and act as a team so that students receive the best education possible. When I interviewed for the fifth grade position last spring, I told Principal Bradi Johnson that I was looking for a home -- and I think I have found that in Gladbrook-Reinbeck Elementary.
We’re pleased to welcome Mrs. Kauten to G-R Elementary and to the Gladbrook-Reinbeck School System! 



No comments:

Post a Comment