Friday, September 7, 2018

Get to Know…Mrs. Degener!



Get to Know…Mrs. Degener!
We welcome Mrs. Lacey Degener to the district as a new Kindergarten teacher at Gladbrook-Reinbeck Elementary School. She recently relocated to the area after teaching and coaching in Audubon, Iowa for the past six years. She is a native of Minden, Iowa and a graduate of Tri-Center High School as well as Iowa State University, where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education. Here are a few interesting facts about Mrs. Degener:
Initial impressions of G-R:   Everyone has been very welcoming and I'm excited to start a new adventure with G-R!
Prior Teaching Experience:  I taught 5th grade for the last five years in Audubon as well as 6th grade English for one year. I coached 8th grade volleyball (4 years), 9th grade volleyball (1 year), 7th grade basketball (2 years), and varsity tennis (5 years).
Favorite subject when you were a studentHistory
Activities while in high school:  Volleyball, Basketball, and FFA
Favorite sport/team:  Kansas City Chiefs, Iowa State Cyclones
Your favorite teacher:  My high school biology teacher, Miss Keogh. I wasn’t a fan of Science, but she helped me understand it and she is part of the reason I became a teacher as well.
Last book you read: Just starting Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
All-time favorite book:  Wonder by R. J. Palacio.  I read this book with my 5th graders every year and the conversations we had while reading, after reading, and referring back were amazing. The book made such an impression on me both personally as well as seeing my kids sympathize and empathize with Auggie and grow as individuals as well.

We’re excited to welcome Mrs. Degener to Gladbrook-Reinbeck Elementary and to the Rebel family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment