Thursday, September 5, 2019

Introducing Mrs. Mara!




Introducing Mrs. Mara!

We’re pleased to introduce Mrs. Heather Mara to the G-R family!  Mrs. Mara is returning “home” to G-R, where she previously taught 1st and 4th grade.  Most recently, she taught Title 1 Reading in Waterloo. Here are some more facts and background on Mrs. Mara:

Name: Mrs. Heather Mara
Position:  Elementary Special Education
College(s) & Degree(s): UNI- Early Childhood/Elementary Education
Prior Teaching/Coaching Experience: I began my teaching career here at GR teaching both 1st and 4th grade.  From there, I taught Title 1 Reading in Waterloo.  I re-enter GR with 20 plus years of teaching experience.
Initial Impressions of G-R: Last year I subbed at GR and got to know the staff and students.  I was excited to be back teaching in a small-town district and elated to have the opportunity to meet a new generation of students/parents here.   The way the whole community has welcomed me back, has warmed my heart and confirmed my decision of returning "home" to GR.
Last book you read: The Hate U Give
Your all-time favorite book & why: The True Story of The Three Little Pigs – (Love the humor)
Favorite sport/team: The Hawkeyes/ Panthers/ Rebels
Hobbies: Movies, eating out, boating
Your most influential teacher: Kim Koth - She was warm and friendly and sang with us every Friday.
Favorite subject when you were in school: Math
Favorite sport or activity in high school: Volleyball
Hometown: Hampton, Iowa
A funny story from your school days: I once got sent home from school.  Not for being naughty, but for smelling like a skunk.  The joys of living on a farm.
Why did you become a teacher? My love of children

Please join us in welcoming Mrs. Mara back to Gladbrook-Reinbeck Schools! 

No comments:

Post a Comment